- Gators can hold their breath for 2 hours.
- They hiss as a territorial and defensive behavior – it’s no purr!
- Their mouths are full of nearly 80 teeth for gripping prey – not for chewing.
- The reptile tooth fairy visits an alligator 2,000 to 3,000 times over the course of its lifetime.
- 2,000 lbs = What is the per square inch pressure exerted by an alligator closing its jaws?
- Five = What is the number of toes on its front feet? (Only four webbed toes on its back feet!)
- Third eyelid = What is clear and closes like a diver’s mask when an alligator submerges underwater?
- Brain size = What is the size of a quarter? (Your chihuahua has a larger brain — but the alligator will eat it in a game of chess!)